Saturday, August 22, 2009

Windows Mobile Software Round-up

I recently got the HTC Touch Pro with the Windows Mobile 6.1 Pro operating system installed. Shortly after getting over the hype of my new device, I set out on finding quality software for the Windows Mobile. These are some of the top programs I found that work best on my Windows Mobile device:




General/Interface
Tweaking
Games
Media
Instant Messaging
Web Browsers
Misc. GPS/Internet Based


Note: You'll need .NET Compact Framework 3.5 Redistributable for the programs to work. Look for the CAB file that matches your device in C:\Program Files\Microsoft.NET\SDK\CompactFramework\v3.5\WindowsCE. For me it was NETCFv35.wm.armv4i.cab.



Update
Previously I mentioned Klaxon as my choice for the Windows Mobile alarm replacement, however (at its current state) it tends to run into problems with S2U2. Recently I found another WiMo alarm program called G-Alarm (which looks very similar to Klaxon) that has some cool features like having to do mazes or calculations before being able to disable/snooze the alarm, or having music play lists instead of alarms (recommend getting some soothing nature sounds). AGEye, the creators of G-Alarm, also some other neat little applications on their site including a stop-watch, couple games, and some tweaking programs.

Another program I highly recommend is the Windows Media Player replacement Nitrogen. Easy to use interface and responsiveness makes this a clear choice over the default software.

    If the software is free to use please remember to donate to (starving) the developers! :-)
    and
    If you've found some application that you would like to share please comment below!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment